Appointments, Cost, and Insurance Questions
Sessions are 50 minutes, and I am available for appointments some evenings and weekends. Before our first session, you will receive information to access the online system that allows you to schedule appointments, along with filling out introductory paperwork such as consent forms, notice on my privacy practices, and information for putting me in touch with other teachers, therapists, or pediatricians if you would like me to consult with other service providers.
If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel with at least 48 hours notice to avoid being charged the full session fee. If I ever need to cancel, I will do my best to reschedule ASAP and you will not be charged for a cancelled session.
Individual therapy is $165 per 50-minute session, which includes a brief consultation with the parent at the beginning or end of session time. Initial 15-minute assessment phonecalls are provided at no cost to you.
If you have concerns about meeting these costs, please contact me to discuss further. And, I am happy to provide referrals to other providers.
Payment is due at the start of every session. I accept cash, check, or credit card payment through my secure online system, Simple Practice.
I am able to provide you with a receipt to submit to your insurance company. Typically, insurance companies reimburse you a portion of your expenses from counseling, but different insurance companies reimburse at different rates.
You should be sure to ask your insurance company:
- What percentage of the fee do you reimburse for out of network providers?
- What is the payment schedule (ie do you get paid immediately, or does it take a few months)?
- What is the deductible (ie how much do you pay upfront before they start to reimburse you)?
- Is there a limit to how many sessions you cover? Is this a limit over the lifetime or per episode (Ie do they pay for 6 sessions each time there's an anxiety attack, or do they pay for only 6 sessions period)?
- Do you have a requirement for type of license or credential that you reimburse?
I am a Master of Social Work and Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Missouri. My license number is 2015004223.
If you are a member of Blue Cross Blue Shield, their instructions for submitting a claim for reimbursement can be found here.